Monday 27 January 2014

Half door attachment method

One minor miracle was that the half doors fitted my old style Westfield bodywork but the rest of the miracle is that they also fit with the Cage. Top marks for Aerodynamix and they look terrific, I cannot wait to try them out. The main reason for fitting them was to reduce buffeting.

Before fitting them I first attached some 15mm U channel around the perimeter using tiger seal. The textured finish on the inside of the Aerodynamix part started to abrade the bodywork especially at the forward most edge.

I first attached the front with some heavy duty Velcro tape ensuring the spikes were attached to the bulge in the bodywork. This also had the beneficial effect of stopping the bodywork becoming abraded.

The rear was attached with an elastic Velcro strap. The Velcro was held in place by an alloy bracket and 5mm rivets.

I also attached some self adhesive hard rubber U channel to the top edge for safety reasons.

The attachments are both simple and can be done from inside the car.

I am sure there are many ways of doing this but I found this minimal effort to implement.

Contents

There is a contents page Link

Velcro front
Rubber edging



Velcro strap



No comments:

Post a Comment