Thursday 20 February 2014

Decals, competition number, the prisioner

Time has come to fit a place to put a competition number (assuming I am to hill climb/sprint this car).  The requirement is for three sites one viewable from the front and one either side below the aero screen. The numbers have to be 9" high so that more or less dictates the size of the white background. You are not allowed to display the numbers on the public highway. I took the view that driving around with blank number sites was a bit bland so I added my own decal design of "the prisoner".


 I can always cover the logo with white background when needed or rip of the decal by applying a little heat.

For those viewing this and don't understand the decal. The prisoner was a cult 60's TV series staring Patrick McGoohan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhnTMxHOWlY

I designed the logo using Painshop pro:

* He drives a Lotus 7 , I drive a 7esk Westfield
* His prisoner number is 6, I do have a 6 in my Q plate (stretching the theme a bit far I guess!)
* The organisation's logo that keeps him detained is a penny farthing with a surrey top. And the Westfield symbol looks something like the spokes of a wheel.
* And my identity on to the forums is "the prisoner".

Contents

There is a contents page Link

No comments:

Post a Comment