Tuesday 4 February 2014

Lid for the boot box

After fitting the boot box around the roll cage I was not entirely happy with the overall appearance. I decided to either fit a cover from Softbits or make an alloy cover plate. The need for a boot box is fairly obvious in that you need somewhere tidy to put some tools when road trips are needed to try out development work. Enough room has now been created for a tool kit including some tyre repair stuff. The cover was made out of 1mm thick alloy sheet painted with two pack to match the rest of the car. I also made some closing panels for the cage. I will fix it with rivnuts and dome headed screws. Still need to put a sealing rubber on. Yes you will need an alan key to get at my tools.

Contents

There is a contents page Link


Alloy stage


Painted

In use

No comments:

Post a Comment