Sunday 22 February 2015

Progress spring 2015

I had a whale of a time during summer 2014 visiting as many track days as my budget would allow. The car has mostly behaved itself but you can always improve these cars. The major issues mechanically was 1) The slave cylinder giving me poor clutch control 2) The drive shaft coupling bolts come loose fro time to time. With the addition of the SBD slave cylinder that should help the clutch issue and the wiring the drive shaft bolt heads should help the loosening issue. There is so much vibration at this junction I guess this problem never really goes away.

I have concentrated recently on the weight of the car which I think was unnecessarily high for a Megabusa. The outstanding issues were mainly due to the economies  of the original build, no criticism implied.

I have just upgraded the front suspension with new light weight RD uprights and hub carriers (8Kg saved) and the battery to Lithium ion (8Kg saved) and the carbon bonnet with (2.6Kg saved) that makes a total of 18.6Kg saved. If we add in the metalwork thrown away on the paddle shift upgrade that makes a round 20Kg total. It is not just the weight saving, but the overall value and look of the car has been improved yet again.

The other changes  are to improve the oil cooling so I added a duct at the rear of the nose cone and heat shield to stop the new bonnet overheating.

In summary another years improvements to try out on the track.




Contents

There is a contents page Link 




No comments:

Post a Comment